Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back in Raleigh.

It was so great to get home! We were happy to see the girls, and be done with all the stress in Cincinnati. Steve was anxious to get back to work, and I had hopes of working from home while on bed rest.

But again, nothing is easy. While we were gone, Raleigh got a lot of much needed rain. Evidently lighting from one of the storms hit our house and fried our internet router, blew out our freezer downstairs which had several Dream Dinners in it, and found a problem with our brand new roof (it found its way all the way to our living room ceiling). So, poor Steve spent 3 days getting our internet working again (we thought wireless would be really important for me to work from home), and had to get the roof taken care of, in addition to taking care of me.

Thankfully, our friends Gaines and Miranda set up a yahoo group to bring us dinner twice a week. What a great help that will be! We look forward to visiting with everyone who comes over, and appreciate all of the thoughtfulness!

It's quite an adjustment to be forced to stay at home with very limited activity, especially now that I am feeling better and have a little bit more energy. I guess the closets will just stay messy, and the garage full of junk until next year when I get some more PTO! It looks like I won't even be able to work from home, which we were both hoping would be a big distraction for me. Not working is probably for the best, and will allow me to rest more. 12 weeks or so is a very short period of time in the whole scheme of things, but it does take a couple of days to get used to the idea. Another positive is that I get to spend a lot of quality time with our four legged children before the two legged children get here. Although their napping schedule does not seem to be impacted by me being at home : )

No comments: