Sunday, July 20, 2008

A change in bed rest location

We had a little development late Friday night - my water broke. So at 1:30 in the morning we were on our way to the hospital! The doctor confirmed that my water had broken and checked out the babies. The babies were, and still are, in good shape. They are estimated to now weigh 3 lb 12 oz, and 3 lb 5 oz - good sizes!

After getting checked out they moved me to a room to monitor the babies' heart rates and any contractions I might be having, started the steroid treatment to help develop the babies' lungs, and put me on IV antibiotics to prevent any infections. Late Saturday morning I started having mild contractions, but nothing to indicate I was in labor. The babies were not in distress so I was given extra IV fluids to try to calm the contractions. It worked. Once the contractions stopped I was moved to another room where things will be monitored a couple of times a day.

When we got here early Saturday morning we weren't sure what was going to happen, but we think we may have bought some more time for the babies. We're not sure how long I will be here, but I might be here until the babies come (hopefully a couple more weeks).

Things here are still good, and the doctors and nurses are all fantastic! Saturday was hard with so little rest, but today has been much better. Steve got to sleep at home, and came in today very refreshed : )

I have access to email, and I have my cell phone so keep in touch! We'll keep the blog updated with any updates.

1 comment:

Granddad Guy said...

Granddad Guy and Billie are also waiting as well as discussing you and the twins several times a day.
Know you are in good hands.

Dad/Charles and Billie