Monday, July 7, 2008

Today's Doctor visit

Profile of baby B!


We got great news at the doctor this morning. The babies are growing really well! Last time we had an ultrasound Baby B was in the 10th percentile for growth - today he/she was in the 28th, and is estimated to weigh 2 lb 3 oz! We were very surprised to see so much growth, but obviously very pleased. Baby A is also doing well and has jumped up to the 70th percentile and is estimated to weigh 2 lb 10 oz. We couldn't have asked for better news! We feel like we now have a normal twin pregnancy, but the doctors will continue to watch things very closely.

The babies move and kick a lot these days. I think they are positioned in an X, one sort of under the other. Baby A is head down and kicks pretty hard on the top of my belly. They aren't keeping me up at night yet, but I'm sure that will come soon!

Tomorrow is what I consider to be our biggest milestone (until the birth) 28 weeks! I'm feeling very confident now that we will have two healthy babies when they decide to come out. I'm also very glad to be confined to the house now : ) I never thought I would say that, but as the babies get bigger, I get bigger, and more uncomfortable! I'm suffering from many of the common pregnancy complaints - nothing new for those of you who have gone through this, but I'm lucky to be able to take it easy in the air conditioning and have Steve take care of me. Not every woman is that lucky when she is pregnant!

No comments: